The fastest and most effective way to prevent the spread of water damage in your Central Florida home is to get the problem dealt with as soon as possible after it occurs. Whether from a leaky or broken pipe or a significant water incident like a hurricane or flood, working with a company that provides emergency restoration service mitigates further damage and returns your home to its original condition.
Central Florida Restoration Solutions is known for its rapid emergency response times throughout the Central Florida area. Twenty-four hours a day, 365 days of the year, we deliver non-invasive emergency water damage restoration and remediation services that find the source of water intrusion and minimize property damage.
Why You Need Emergency Restoration Services for Water Damage
Immediate action after water damage minimizes risks to your family, belongings, and home itself.
When water enters a house, drywall, insulation, hardwood flooring, and other porous building materials, they absorb it, and continue to do so as long as any water or moisture is present. The materials quickly become stained, weakened, rotted, and otherwise structurally unstable, jeopardizing your home’s structural integrity.
Another problem you want to try and avoid is mold growth and spread, which can occur within 24 hours of the initial water damage. Provided the moisture remains, the mold has the water it needs to thrive and it will worsen and spread. The presence of mold in your home is a significant problem because it can cause health problems for anyone exposed to the fungus.
Without an immediate response, water damage will ruin your home and its contents in less time than you can imagine. Floors, walls, electronics, appliances, and more are at risk. Calling in a professional restoration service for consultation, restoration, and repair is critical to saving and protecting your family and belongings.
Something else to consider during a water intrusion emergency is the water might be coming from an internal issue that you’re unable to locate or stop. The more time that passes with it undetected, the longer you remain vulnerable to further water damage. With 24/7 services, you’re able to address water damage promptly, minimizing mold’s spread and preventing structural damage.
How You Can Help Prevent the Spread of Water Damage
If it’s never happened before, dealing with water damage in your home can be an eye-opening experience. Fortunately, there are several steps you can take yourself while waiting for the water damage restoration professionals to show up to at least limit the spread of damage.
These five measures give you a head start in the restoration, allowing the entire process to run smoother and faster. When performing any of these actions, be careful to avoid using any electrical machinery, disturbing visible mold, or entering any rooms where there’s standing water.
- Eliminate the source of the problem: This solution seems obvious, but as mentioned earlier, the water’s point of entry might not be visible. If you can locate it, do what you can to stop the flow. For instance, turn off the water main if the problem’s a broken or leaking pipe.
- Extract the water: Knowing the type of water you’re dealing with is essential before trying to remove it. In cases like a sewage backup, for example, the water could be contaminated with dangerous bacteria. Of course, if there’s a huge quantity of water that needs removing, it’s probably best to leave it to the professionals and their industry-strength equipment. And never use a shop vac or anything else that requires electrical power.
- Remove all personal items: Prevent additional damage to your household belongings by removing everything that isn’t attached to the walls or floors. The faster you remove porous materials like papers, wood, and fabrics, the more likely you are to salvage them.
- Provide proper air circulation: If outdoor conditions permit, open your home’s windows to get the air flowing and remove as much moisture from the air as possible. Keeping the air moving can also help keep mold and mildew growth to a minimum.
- Sanitize: Proper sanitation helps prevent mold growth. Use disinfectant wipes or a diluted chemical solution to wipe down surfaces that are most prone to growing mold. However, if you see visible mold, don’t try to clean it yourself. Instead, let the pros handle it, as they have the proper personal protective equipment, products, and tools to remove mold.
Most Common Water Damage Emergency Calls
A broken or leaking pipe is the number one reason people call for emergency restoration services. And since most piping is behind walls, above ceilings, or below ground, you often don’t know you have a leak until physical signs of water damage begin to appear.
Whether it’s caused by incorrect pipe laying, high water pressure, loose water connections, broken rubber seals, clogged lines, corrosion, or a backed-up toilet, water can wreak devastating damage before you know it’s happening.
The Water Damage Restoration Process
How long it takes to dry out water damage depends mostly on how severe the damage is and the time it takes for the affected material to dry out. If the water damage is limited to one or two rooms, full restoration generally requires less than a month—72 hours to dry out and another one to two weeks to repair any damage.
Regardless of the extent of the initial damage, one thing is certain: you can’t afford to wait to start the water cleanup process.
The experienced and skilled water damage restoration team at CFRS understands that proper drying out is central to keeping your Central Florida home from becoming a victim of major structural damage and mold growth. They also know which tools and techniques are best for different types of water removal and cleanup and work diligently to ensure every square inch of your home is completely dry and ready for restoration.
Outstanding Emergency Water Restoration Services in Central Florida
Disasters don’t take time off, and a water emergency can happen at your Central Florida home at any time of the day or night. When an emergency occurs, the last thing you want to do is waste precious time trying to find the leak or deal with its aftermath. Your top priority should be calling in a professional team of water damage and restoration experts who are thoroughly trained to:
- Find the source of water intrusion quickly.
- Manage the situation before further damage occurs that requires total home renovation.
To protect your home from a devastating water-related emergency, make it a goal to fix minor issues like dripping faucets, loose connectors, and worn toilet flappers so they don’t turn into major causes of water damage. By keeping all your plumbing fixtures in good working order, you can also save up to 10% on your water bill!
While there isn’t a lot you can do to prevent hidden leaks that typically cause the most damage, you can remain vigilant about routinely inspecting your home for signs of water leaks and damage. And to call in the professionals when you notice something wrong.
CFRS is Central Florida’s most trusted emergency restoration service company. Unlike general plumbers who are skilled at non-flood-related problems, we’re equipped to identify hidden water damage, manage mold removal, and start the restoration process before things get out of hand. In addition to emergency restoration services, we offer fire damage, mold damage, and smoke damage services.
Contact CFRS today to learn more about our 24/7 emergency services and all the other home restoration services we provide. We’re ready to help you keep your Central Florida home safe from the disastrous effects of water damage while sharing our tips on avoiding costly future leaks, damage, and repairs.