According to the EPA, five to ten percent of U.S. homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more a day. Unfortunately, because many homeowners don’t track their water usage, they don’t even know they have a leak until their water bill becomes astronomically high or they notice water damage somewhere in the house.
Checking for and finding water leaks before they cause water damage safeguards your Deltona home and reduces or prevents future water intrusion problems. Finding leak sources is not always easy, as they might be behind your walls, inside cabinets, and underneath floors. Calling in a water restoration company like Central Florida Restoration Solutions can save you time, money, and the stress involved when you try to do the job yourself.
What’s Causing High Water Usage In Your Deltona Home?
Not every spike in a water bill means you have a leak in your home. Changes in water use can also cause higher bills:
- Filling or topping off a swimming pool
- Watering a newly sown or laid lawn
- Automated irrigation systems that need to be reprogrammed
- Long-term guests
- Water-cooled air conditioners
- Water-powered sump pumps
If your water bill suddenly jumps and doesn’t go back down once your water use returns to normal, you likely have a leak, especially if the increased rate is accompanied by reduced water pressure, strange noises, and/or odors coming from your home’s plumbing system.
Most Common Types of Water Leaks in Deltona, FL
Once you’ve ruled out one-time water use issues, a faulty meter, or water-wasting habits, it’s time to investigate if you have one or more of the most typical leaks in a home.
- Floor and subflooring leaks happen when the pipes underneath your home’s foundation break or burst due to corrosion. These leaks often cause significant damage before you notice them. Signs you have a floor or subfloor leak include hot spots on the floor above the piping, small puddles, a mildew odor, warped wooden floors, or moisture around your home’s exterior base.
- Wall and ceiling leaks often start from a roof leak. First signs include dark stains on walls and ceilings as well as sagging ceiling areas.
- Inside and under cabinet leaks are two of the most common household leaks. Because most people store wet items in these kitchen and bathroom cabinets, they might not notice a little dampness. But if you smell a musty odor, it might be a sign of mold.
- Many toilet leaks are usually caused by a deteriorated flush valve or flapper ball at the bottom of the toilet tank. But the toilet leaks that cause water damage are most often due to a cracked supply line that can lead to significant flooding.
Water Restoration Services We Provide
As Central Florida’s premier water restoration company, we’re familiar with every type of leak possible—and the damage they can cause. Whether the leak in your home is caused by a natural disaster, a roof leak, or a broken pipe, you must act immediately to prevent mold growth and structural damage to your Deltona home.
Our professional team is ready to manage any leak your might be dealing with, saving you a great deal of money and heartache from the effects of water damage.
The faster you act to locate and repair a plumbing leak, the sooner you can return your home to a safe and habitable condition.
Plumbing leaks range from tiny pinhole leaks to catastrophic pipe bursts. But no matter what their size, they can do enormous damage, including dangerous mold growth. Our skilled technicians are trained to take swift action, identify the problem, help you find a reputable plumber to repair the issue, and then provide any water damage restoration services you might need. And because we offer 24/7 emergency services, you never have to wait long to protect your family and property from harm.
Most homeowners deal with clogged toilets now and again. But when you’re dealing with a toilet overflow, it’s a whole different situation. Avoiding water damage and bacteria contamination calls for a quick response. The team at CFRS can restore your Deltona home after toilet overflow contamination before it becomes a dangerous issue for your home or family. We have the expertise and equipment necessary to clean and decontaminate the area and get your home back to its original healthy state.
Pipe leaks, particularly hidden ones, can create big problems in your home. A water restoration company can track the source of hidden leaks, mitigate damage, and clean and dry the affected area fast. Our team members know the familiar sources of hidden water damage and can help quickly narrow down the likely cause of your leak. They use professional diagnostic tools and techniques to track the problem and find leaks behind walls and under flooring. Most importantly, they help prevent mold from growing and spreading, causing damage to your house and potentially your family’s health.
Water that flows from HVAC leaks and flooding can cause severe damage to the system and your home, getting into your pipes, air conditioner, heater, and ductwork. Most HVAC leaks are caused by clogged air handle drain lines; others are the result of excess condensation. Our Deltona water damage restoration pros have the equipment and know-how to clean up and restore property damaged from an HVAC leak. We’ll assess the issue, remove any excess water and damaged materials, and manage any potential mold issues before putting your home back together. Plus, we have preferred service providers we work with who can help you each step of the way, including after the HVAC-related water damage is under control.
Are you dealing with a leaky water heater? Since water heaters can hold up to 80 gallons of water, a leaking piece of equipment can do a heck of a lot of damage! Sometimes the reason for a water heater leak is a tiny hole caused by corrosion. Other times a pipe bursts and causes extensive flooding that’s difficult to ignore. Either way, the result can be the same: water damage to floors, subfloors, and walls. To prevent mold growth and further damage, it’s essential to have the affected area dried, cleaned, and restored as soon as possible.
Though storms are often thought to be the most common cause of roof leaks in Florida, the truth is roof leaks happen for many reasons. Years of sustained damage, improper repairs or installations, broken or missing shingles, and improperly installed or damaged flashing can all cause a roof leak that, left untreated, can cause significant problems.
Even the tiniest roof leak can let in enough moisture to allow mold to grow and spread. And once you locate and fix the roof leak, you still have to deal with any damage the leak’s caused to your home’s interior. The professionals at CFRS offer complete water damage restoration services for roof leaks, including:
- Mold inspection
- Damage assessment
- Mold containment and air filtration
- Mold removal
- Cleanup and restoration
Many Deltona homeowners don’t even realize their shower pans can leak! But water damage is often a result of poorly installed shower pans, and the damage is usually located in more than just the bathroom. When a shower pan becomes damaged and begins to leak, it can loosen floor tiles, soak carpets, cause water stains on the ceilings in rooms below, and damage baseboards. It can also rot and destroy wood and sheetrock, causing damage in hard-to-see places. And, of course, it can always lead to mold and mildew growth. Water damage restoration services identify the cause of the problem, remove damaged materials, and mitigate water from affected areas.
With nearly six months of the year dedicated to hurricane season, Deltona homeowners know how bad Florida’s storms can be! The torrential rains and high winds that come with heavy storms can wreak havoc on your home, damaging its roof, siding, windows, and more—all of which are essential to protecting your home from storms!
CFRS can handle any storm-related damage your home incurs, and our expert partners can repair any damage we don’t handle. The storm damage restoration process typically includes:
- A detailed inspection of storm damage throughout your home.
- Visual inspections of the roof, siding, and windows.
- Using high-tech equipment to measure moisture and determine the extent of the damage.
- Water extraction, drying, and dehumidification.
- Demolition and property cleanup.
What to Look For
If you think there’s a leak in your Deltona home, here are some things to look for to confirm your suspicions before calling in the professionals. But don’t wait too long, as every minute counts when you’re racing to stop water and mold damage from destroying your home.
- Exterior inspections – check for pooling water near the foundation or crawlspace, inspect gutters and downspouts for holes or other damage, check the roof for missing shingles or broken flashing, and inspect exterior door and window frames.
- Interior inspections – look for water rings on ceilings and walls, especially after a storm. Check for “soft” spots in the floors near showers, tubs, washing machines, sinks, refrigerators, dishwashers, and water heaters, and above the crawlspace. Also, look inside under sink cabinets for water puddles or damp stains. And if you smell mold or mildew, it’s likely caused by some type of leak.
A regular inspection routine that includes visual checks of the attic, crawlspace, and other areas of the home most susceptible to water damage can ensure you stop water damage and potential mold damage in its tracks. The good news is, no matter where a leak occurs, a professional water damage restoration company like CFRS can help.
Finally, one of the best defenses again water damage is investing in leak detecting services, which can stop a small leak from becoming a significant water damage disaster. Fixing minor water-related issues now can help you avoid major problems down the road and save you up to ten percent on your water bills.
What to Do if You Suspect a Leak in Your Deltona Home
Do you suspect you have a hidden plumbing leak somewhere in your Deltona home? It’s always best to stop water damage before it starts, but that’s not always possible, especially with hidden leaks. Has your plumber been out multiple times to make minor repairs, but they don’t seem to solve the problem or lower your water bill? It’s time to call in a professional restoration company like CFRS to get to the bottom of the problem.
Our water detection and restoration services include:
- Convenient scheduling and prompt services.
- Friendly, courteous, and skilled technicians.
- The most advanced tools and technologies to quickly detect leaks.
- Clean work areas during and after the job’s complete.
- Honest, transparent pricing.
Along with water and mold damage restoration services, CFRS is Central Florida’s most trusted fire damage and smoke damage company. Our goal is to make sure the water restoration process is as stress-free as possible. Contact us online today to learn more about all the home restoration services we provide, including 24/7 emergency services. You can also call or text us at 407-988-6101. We’re always here to give you the personalized support you need to keep your Deltona home safe from water damage.